- “Ateret Cohanim” takes over two hotels and a house in the old city of Jerusalem
- The occupation authorities force 'Amira family to demolish their home in Sur Baher/ Jerusalem
- Israeli settlers torch 75 dunums of agricultural and pastoral lands in al-Mughayyir / Ramallah
- Destroying water pipes in Forush Beit Dajan and Aj-Jiftlik / Jericho governorate
- Israeli occupation confiscated 318 dunums from Birin / Bein Naim
- Israeli settlers attack Huwara town / Nablus governorate
- The Israeli occupation demolished structures in Wad Yasoul neighborhood/ occupied Jerusalem
- Writing Offensive Slogans and Attacking Palestinian Vehicles
- The occupation demolishes 3 Barracks in Shufat / occupied Jerusalem
Forth part of colonial street 21 in opened Beit Hanina and Shu'fat North occupied Jerusalem
Violation: carrying out shoveling to open a colonial street.
Location: Beit Hanina and Sh'ufat in occupied Jerusalem.
Date: 3 January 2018
Perpetrator: occupation municipality in Jerusalem.
Victims : People of Shu'fat and Beit Hanina.
After the occupation municipality finished implanting street number 21 on the lands of Sh'ufat north Jerusalem, the road links "Pisgat Ze'ev" , "Rekhes Shu'afat" and "Ramot" settlements together, The occupation bulldozers carried out shoveling the 4th part which leads to street 443 that links "Atarot" and "Tel Aviv" (north) , and street 60 that leads to settlements built on confiscated lands south Hebron (south).
The occupation bulldozers had destroyed Karim Al-Rishiq home In January 2016. In addition to that, they demolished Majdi Jamal Helmi Idris home in march 2016 to prepare the place and starting the construction.
In the morning of Wednesday 3 January 2018 the occupation bulldozers carried out shoveling to install the 4th part of the street which will pass through "Al-Ashqariya" neighborhood in Beit Hanina heading to the main street by Shoman mosque that leads to the crossroad, The new street is considered essential as it links many settlements together.
The process included uprooting tens of olive trees from the confiscated land in the 70s of the last century , under claims that it will be used for for public services, The buldoazers uprooted trees, some of them were removed to unknown places and the rest were destroyed.
The occupation aims to open streets in Palestinian blocks in occupied Jerusalem for many reasons:
- Linking settlements inside the city with a security road network that provide possibility to reach main streets inside the city and out.
- To make sure that Palestinians won't be able to add more buildings to these blocks, which will prevent Palestinians from building on their own lands, and consider it a "Green Area" used for public services, benefits settlers, which means that the occupation confiscate lands under the claim of using them for public services, while in reality they are only used to benefit settlers.
In the time that the occupation is conducting roads to link settlements and provide easy transportation inside Jerusalem and out through implanting road 21 and its 4 parts, Palestinians pay the price, as the road is made on Palestinian lands in Beit Hanina and Shu'fat /north Jeruslem, The occupation destroyed many homes and confiscated lands, and divided the two towns that count on each other for services.