- The Israeli authorities demolish Abu At-Teer family home in Soor Baher/ Jerusalem
- Demolition of a commercial facility in Beit Hanina / North Jerusalem
- “Price tag” gangsters attack Palestinian cars and write hatred inciting slogans – Huwara/ Nablus
- The occupation carried out a mass demolition operation in Shu'fat refugees’ camp / Jerusalem
- “Price Tag” colonists torch car and write hatred inciting slogans in ‘Urif/ Nablus governorate
- The occupation implant a mass demolition operation in Az Za’yyem/ Jerusalem
- Demolition of a building in Ras-Khamees- Shufat camp / Jerusalem
- 640 new housing units in "Ramat Shlomo" settlement / North Jerusalem
The Israeli authorities demolish Abu At-Teer family home in Soor Baher/ Jerusalem
In December 4 -2018 , The Israeli occupation Civil Administration under the protection of the Israeli occupation army raided Soor Baher town and demolished a house claiming that the owner built it before getting proper license.
Noteworthy, the house belonged to Mohammad Abu At-Teer and has an area of 170 m2 and consists of 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room, surrounded by a retaining wall, furnished and ready to use.
Mohammad Abu At-Teer told LRC observer:
“I started building the house 6 months ago for my family (6 members, 4 minors). 4 months ago an officer from the civil administration showed up and gave me a demolition order. I tried to avoid the demolition, but after I finished the construction, I brought some furniture and electrical home appliances, but Israeli troops showed up and confiscated the electrical appliances.
In the early morning hours of Thursday Israeli troops destroyed the house in front of my eyes without letting me get any of the furniture out.
They also destroyed years of work, my family’s happiness and a dream of an appropriate home.”
Abu At-Teer family home before the demolition
Abu At-Teer family home after the demolition operation
Article 147 of Geneva fourth convention : extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly. ( it is considered a serious violation of the convention)Article 53 of Geneva fourth convention that forbids destroying properties : Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or co-operative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations.
Article 33 of Geneva fourth convention: No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed.
Article 32 of Hague convention 1907 part g: To destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.
Article 17 of Universal declaration of human rights 10 –Dec- 1948: No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.