- The Occupation Destroyed a Metal Siege that Surrounds an Agricultural land in Deir Nitham / Ramallah Governorate
- Setting a Dangerous Precedent, The Settlement Council notifies 3 Vegetable Stalls in the Jordan Valley / Tubas Governorate
- Eviction Military Order for people of Khirbet Ibziq / Tubas Governorate
- Halt of work Notice for a House in Budrus village / Ramallah governorate
- Removal notices for residential and Agricultural facilities in Khirbet Yarza
- Demolition and Removal notices for Structures South Jenin City
- Halt of Work notices for 11 residences and Facilities in Shuqba / Ramallah governorate
- Military order to Seize 34 dunums for Opening a bypass road in Salfit lands
- The Israeli Occupation Close off 9 agriculture roads in Al-Mughayyir / Ramallah governorate
- The Occupation Forces Demolish Residences in Ar-Rashayda community west An-Nuwe’ima / Jericho governorate
Eviction Military Order for people of Khirbet Ibziq / Tubas Governorate
Violation: forcing three families to evict their homes.
Location: Khirbet Ibziq / Tubas Governorate.
Date: April 22nd 2021.
Perpetrators: The Israeli Occupation Forces.
Victims: three families from Ibziq hamlet.
Thursday April 22nd 2021, The Israeli Occupation Forces Issued an eviction military order for people of Khirbet Ibziq north Tubas, in order to carry out military trainings, on the hamlet’s lands.
A massive army force raided the Khirbet and gave three families eviction notices for four days in order to carry out military trainings at the area, the notices provided the following dates and times:
- April 26th 2021: 8:00 pm - 9:00 am of the next day.
- April 27th 2021: 8:00 pm - 9:00 am of the next day.
- April 28th 2021: 8:00 pm - 9:00 am of the next day.
- April 29th 2021: 8:00 pm - 9:00 am of the next day.
The Occupation Forces are threatening that in case residents did not comply to the eviction notices, they well be vacated forcedly, and the forces will confiscate their animals and impose expensive fines on them.
Photo: Ibziq hamlet
The following table shows more information about the targeted families:
Children under 18
Community head of Khirbet Ibziq Abdul Majeed Khdairat told LRC:
“Khirbet Ibziq has a total population of 8000 dunums most of which are registered to the Jordanian treasury, the Khirbet has a significant location that connects lands of Jenin and North Tubas. Most of Ibziq lands are agricultural and/or pastural, and used by number of farmers at the area. A great part of the area’s residences are under demolition threats, including At-Tahadi school at the hamlet, in addition to frequent raids carried out to harass citizens and steal their properties, on the pretext that the area is a closed military zone.”
Khdairat asserted: “each year the Occupation forces residents to evacuate their homes in order to carry out military trainings, which comes at the same time of summer crops and sheep breeding, carrying out the trainings causes a failure at the season. The Military machineries destroy postures and crops, and leaves residents under the heat of the son and the danger of military trainings.”
The Khirbet is inhabited by number of Bedouin families, that according to the community head mount to 38 families (about 256 people), of which 18 families are permanent residents.
About two-third of the hamlet’s residents go back to Hroub family, that were forcedly displaced from their homes in the 1948 and found Ibziq hamlet as a refuge , and other families such as Al-Khdour , Jabareen , Nawaja’a, Sawafta , Mahadma refused to Ibziq searching for water and postures.
This report was prepared as part of Secure Palestinian Land & Housing Rights project activities