- The Occupation Destroyed a Metal Siege that Surrounds an Agricultural land in Deir Nitham / Ramallah Governorate
- Setting a Dangerous Precedent, The Settlement Council notifies 3 Vegetable Stalls in the Jordan Valley / Tubas Governorate
- Eviction Military Order for people of Khirbet Ibziq / Tubas Governorate
- Halt of work Notice for a House in Budrus village / Ramallah governorate
- Removal notices for residential and Agricultural facilities in Khirbet Yarza
- Demolition and Removal notices for Structures South Jenin City
- Halt of Work notices for 11 residences and Facilities in Shuqba / Ramallah governorate
- Military order to Seize 34 dunums for Opening a bypass road in Salfit lands
- The Israeli Occupation Close off 9 agriculture roads in Al-Mughayyir / Ramallah governorate
- The Occupation Forces Demolish Residences in Ar-Rashayda community west An-Nuwe’ima / Jericho governorate
Confiscation order targets 193 dunums of Deir Dibwan lands / Ramallah Governorate
Violation: Confiscation order.
Location: Deir Dibwan town / Ramallah and Al-Bireh Governorate.
Date: February 17th 2021.
Perpetrators: The Israeli Civil Administration.
Victims: Bedouin communities and residents of the surrounding areas.
Wednesday morning February 17th 2021, The Israeli Occupation issued a confiscation order for (193 dunums) of Deir Dibwan eastern lands, on the pretext of achieving public interest to establish a dumpsite, under the title “Confiscation and imposing control (outline 58/1592) No.h (2/21)”, issued in reference to civil administration laws of 1969. Noting that the existing lands are in Natural block 14 of Deir Dibwan, and its owners are farmers of Ramun village of Deir Dibwan.
Photos 1+2: The targeted Location
Photos 3-5: attachment of the military order
This Dumpsite will have a devastating impact on wild life east Deir Dibwan, which have always been known of its specialty and variety. The area is considered a part of large pastural lands that extend to Jordanian borders, and inhabited by number of Jordanian communities, including Wad As-Seeq community composed of 45 Bedouin families, and Al-M’uarejat community 1 km to the north of the targeted location.
In addition, the Dumpsite will deprive people of Deir Dibwan and Ramun from their right to use eastern pastural lands, after being filled with dump and polluting materials.
Ramun village council head Mr.Abdullah Bakr told LRC:
“for more than four years, we’ve been hearing rumors that the area will be controlled by the Israeli Occupation, which claims that the dumpsite will serve Bedouin and other communities at the area.
This all started when the Occupation closed off Al-Bireh dumpsite, claiming that it harms illegal colonists of Psagot settlement, followed by a confiscation order for the plot, in order to establish a new dumpsite at another location inhabited by Palestinian Bedouins.”
During the Past few years, the occupation established number of dumpsites, including a random dumpsite east Aj-Jiftlik. Noting that waste is being thrown at Palestinian lands untreated which pollutes the environment.
About Deir Dibwan:
5 kilometer east Ramallah, Ramallah is surrounded by Ramon and Ein Yabrud (north), Beitin (west), Al-Nuwe’ma and Ein Dyuk Al-Fuqa (east) , Anatta, Mikhmas. Burqa from the south.
Deir Dibwan has a total population of 4169 people according to statistics conducted in 2017. It has a total area of 74,285 of which 1,789 dunums are a built-up area of the village. The occupation devoured (4121) dunums for the following purposes:
1: settlements confiscated 1346 dunums:
Area of confiscated land
Number of settlers
2: Bypass roads (458 and 457) devoured over (1,543) dunums.
3: Military camps devoured (1,232)dunums
According to Oslo conventions The areas are clarified in donums as following:
- Area A (307) donums
- AreaB (12,925) donums
- Area C (61,052) donums .
This report was prepared as part of Secure Palestinian Land and Housing Rights
The Contents of this document do not reflect positions and views of the European Union