- Halt of Work Notices for Cisterns and an Agricultural Road in Turmus’ayya / Ramallah Governorate
- Halt of Work Notice on Land Rehabilitation in An-Nabi Salih village / Ramallah
- Israeli Colonists Establish a New Outpost in Khirbet Mzokah / Tubas Governorate
- Expansions in Giva’at Haro’a illegal Outpost / Ramallah Governorate
- Beit El colony Expands on Beitin village lands / Ramallah Governorate
- The Israeli Occupation Demolished Agricultural Structures in Ibziq hamlet/ Tubas Governorate
- Notices for Structures and Lands in Salfit City
- Demolition of Structures and a Barn in Qaffin town / Tulkarm Governorate
- The Civil Administration Demolishes a Store in Ya’bad town / Jenin Governorate
- Halt of Work notice for a store in Haris Village / Salfit Governorate
Halt of Work Notice for an Agricultural Structure in Beit Liqya / Ramallah Governorate
Violation: Halt of work notice for an agricultural structure.
Location: Beit Liqya town / Ramallah governorate.
Date: August 16th 2021.
Perpetrators: The building Inspector at the Israeli Civil Administration.
Victims: Farmer ‘Atallah Al-Qett.
Monday, August 16th 2021, the building inspector at the Israeli civil administration raided the northern neighborhood of Beit Liqya west Ramallah city, and served a halt of work notice for an agricultural shack belongs to farmer Atallah Al-Qett, on the pretext of building without a license.
According to the military order, the occupation sat September 1st 2021 as the date of the building and organization session in Beit El military court, to decide the fate of the structure.
Noteworthy, the targeted shack has a total area of 200 m2, contains 200 heads of sheep, and considered a source of income for a family of 9 (1 child, 4 females).
Farmer ‘Attallah Khamees told LRC:
“Two years ago, I installed a large metal shack for cattle breeding, which had a financial cost of about 150 thousand shekels. Noteworthy, I depend on cattle breeding and agriculture as a source of income. But no matter what, I will hold on to and protect my only source of income".
Photos 1-4: The targeted shack
Notice 31835 which targets an agricultural shack
Beit Liqya in lines:
14 km to the southwest of Ramallah city, Beit Liqya is surrounded by Beit Ur Al-Fouqa and Beit ‘Anan (east) , Kharabtha Al-Misbah village (north), Beit Nuba and Beit Sira (west) , and Beit Nuba lands from the south.
Beit Liqya has a total population of 9,304 people according to 2017 census.
Families of Beit Liqya: ‘Assi , Mafarja , Bader , Musa.
Beit Liqya has a total area of 13206 dunums, of which 1178 are a built-up area for the town, the town’s lands are classified as follows:
- B area: 1374 dunums (10.4 %).
- C area: 11832 dunums (89 . 6 %).
The Annexation and Expansion wall segment in Beit Liqya town is 4.3 km long, and isolates 2155 dunums around 15.6 % of the town lands, the occupation imposes restrictions that hinder farmers’ access to their lands behind the wall.
This Publication has been produced with the assistance of the EU
The Contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of the individual organization only , and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the EU