- Halt of Work Notices for Cisterns and an Agricultural Road in Turmus’ayya / Ramallah Governorate
- Halt of Work Notice on Land Rehabilitation in An-Nabi Salih village / Ramallah
- Israeli Colonists Establish a New Outpost in Khirbet Mzokah / Tubas Governorate
- Expansions in Giva’at Haro’a illegal Outpost / Ramallah Governorate
- Beit El colony Expands on Beitin village lands / Ramallah Governorate
- The Israeli Occupation Demolished Agricultural Structures in Ibziq hamlet/ Tubas Governorate
- Notices for Structures and Lands in Salfit City
- Demolition of Structures and a Barn in Qaffin town / Tulkarm Governorate
- The Civil Administration Demolishes a Store in Ya’bad town / Jenin Governorate
- Halt of Work notice for a store in Haris Village / Salfit Governorate
Halt of Work Notices for Cisterns and an Agricultural Road in Turmus’ayya / Ramallah Governorate
Violation: 3 halt of work notices for Cisterns.
Location: Turmus’ayya town / Ramallah governorate.
Date: September 14th 2021.
Perpetrators: The building Inspector at the Israeli Civil Administration.
Victims: Farmer Mohammed Rabe’a.
Tuesday, September 14th 2021, the building inspector at the Israeli Civil Administration under the protection of the occupation army raided Turmus’ayya plain lands, and targeted three water reservoirs belong to citizen Mohammed Rabe’a, In addition to an agricultural road with Halt of work notices on the pretext of building without a license.
According to the notices, The Occupation sat October 1st 2021, as the date of the building and organization session in Beit El military court, to decide the fate of the structures.
Farmer Mohammed Rabe’a told LRC:
“About seven years ago, I went back to my home town of Turmus’ayya after years in the United States. I’ve decided to start taking care of my plot through cultivating it, in order to protect it from colonialism. But since the establishment of a new random outpost in Turmus’ayya lands two years ago, we’ve been suffering from colonists’ assaults and Israeli non-stop military orders, and the result was prohibiting us from accessing our lands in order to empty the area and keep it as a reserve for future colonial expansion.”
The following table shows more information about the targeted structures:
Children under 18
Water reservoir 2 m3
Provides water for 4 dunums
Agricultural road 300 m long
Provides access to 11 dunums
Water reservoir 2 m3
Provides water for 1 dunums
Turmus’ayya plain lands is a significant agricultural and historical area that provides a source of income for many families around 700 dunums.
It is located 25 km to the north east of Ramallah city. It has a population of 3736 people (according to a 2007 census). Its total area is 18139 dunums, 1350 of which are built-up area. About 11218 dunums of land are under Area B (PA is in charge of civil matters with Israel responsible for security) and 6921 dunums are under Area C (Israel maintains full security and administrative control).
The Israeli occupation confiscated vast areas of the village for the benefit of the following colonies:
Shilo and Mizpe Rahel devoured 1023 dunums
Mizpe Rahel devoured 706 dunums
The bypass road number 60 stole 12.5 dunums
This Publication has been produced with the assistance of the EU
The Contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of the individual organization only , and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the EU