- Another Israeli crime against humanity; Self –Demolition in Silwan / Occupied Jerusalem
- Uprooting trees and ravaging agricultural lands in Battir town / Bethlehem governorate
- Demolishing retaining walls and barns in Beit Iksa North- West Jerusalem
- The Israeli occupation installs water lines for illegal colonies on Palestinian lands
- “Betar Illit” colony pumps wastewater into agricultural lands in Nahhalin / Bethlehem governorate
- Settlers sabotage seedlings in Burqa town / Nablus governorate
- As-Sabagh family are being forced to leave their homes for the illegal Israeli settlers
“Price Tag” colonists torch two cars and write hatred inciting slogans in ‘Urif/ Nablus governorate
Violation: torching two cars and writing hatred inciting slogans.
Location: ‘Urif/ Nablus governorate
Date: July 13 – 2018.
Perpetrator: “Price Tag” gangsters.
Victims: villagers of ‘Urif town.
Description: In July 13, in the middle of the night a group of fanatic colonists who call themselves “Price tag” group, sneaked into ‘Urif town , reached the eastern quarter about 500 meters away from “Yizhar” settlement and torched 2 cars (Sterwin Picasso 2016) and (Opel Ascona 1983) belong to villager Zeiad Shhadeh (33) who witnessed that they were parked in front of his home, then wrote hatred inciting slogans on a retaining wall such as “Be Careful”.
Adel Al-Amer from Urif rural council told LRC observer:
“Price tag” colonists come from many settlements in the west bank area, Palestinian communities are continuously targeted by “Price tag” attacks, despite the several charges to the Israeli side, the last did not do anything to stop the attacks.”
Urif, Al-Lubban Ash-Shurqeieh, Huwara, Madmas , Assira Al-Qublia towns, are all targeted by radical colonists assaults, who torch, cut and sometimes steal trees, Other than shooting farmers or breaking into their homes.
About 12 km south west Nablus, ‘Urif is inhabited by 3624 people in 2017 census. The village has an area of 4069 dunums , 319 of them are a built up area. ‘Urif is surrounded by ‘Asira al Qibliya (north) , Jamma’in (west) , Huwwara (east) , Yizhar settlement is built over parts of Huwwara lands, Jamma’in and Einabus (south).
“Yizhar” illegal colony devoured 64 dunums of the town’s land, the colony was established in 1981 and inhabited by 440 colonists.
Oslo Accords divided the lands of Urif as follows:
- 3,083 dunums are classified as area B
- 981 dunums are classified as area C